Hello GP Family,
As we enter a new year and a new decade, I encourage you to join with me in prayer over the ministries of Grace Point – it is only by God’s grace that we will see Him do exceedingly abundantly more than we ask or think! Consider devoting a day this next week to fasting and concentrated prayer.
Pray for Grace Point Staff and Elders
- Pray for unity in decisions about our church’s ministry in 2020.
- Pray for clarity and smooth transitions for staff who are moving to new roles.
- Pray for effectiveness in meeting ministry goals of 2019-20, and for God-honoring goals for 2020-21.
Pray for Small Groups and Hospitality
- Pray for an enthusiastic, united, faithful team to welcome our GP family and new guests into our church each week.
- Pray for our GP family to embrace and know that we are ALL part of the Hospitality Ministry as we ALL have a part in creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Pray that our Hospitality Ministry team provides an easy, yet essential place for those new-er to GP to serve.
- Pray that our strategy for a “one-stop shop” WELCOME CENTER is effective and served by appropriately-gifted volunteers.
- Pray for God’s Word, truth, love and grace to do His beautiful work within our small groups and that they would bear fruit for His glory and purposes.
Pray for Missions
- Please continue to pray for Tony Martin and his daughters as they continue to grieve the loss of Gwen.
- Please pray for each of our missionaries as they have added responsibilities this time of year. Pray for those who are serving in security-sensitive areas, considering the seeming unrest in many countries.
- Please pray for the launch of our FOCUS and that our entire church family would engage in meaningful ways in missions.
Pray for Care Ministries
- Please pray for our all of our Care Ministries and for the leaders of each.
- Please pray for Barnabas Care Ministry as they provide personal support to individuals.
- Please pray for those in need of specialized counseling.
Pray for GP Finances & Operations
- Please pray for us to be excellent stewards of all God has given to us at Grace Point.
- Please pray that God would be honored in our building, on our property, in our hearts and in our lives.
- Please pray that He would bring fruit for His purposes and glory through all the Bible studies, fellowship events, outreaches, retreats, etc., through the year.
- Please pray for His continual wisdom, discernment and discretion as we make decisions
regarding finances and operations.
- Please pray for humility, unity, devotion to God, good health and God’s love throughout our staff team and their families.
Pray for Children’s Ministry
- Please pray for team building and training happening for the Rainbow Class. Pray specifically for the families ministered to by the Rainbow Class who have great need. Pray they will find respite with us at Grace Point.
- Please pray for continued efforts to mentor and grow our 5th – 6th grade boy ministry.
- Please pray for evaluation of Children’s Ministry transitions and how we can further support families through mentorship/small groups and healthy transitions from age group to age group.
- Please pray that parents and new parents continue to become fully engaged in Children’s Ministry. Pray for ways we can partner to disciple families.
Pray for Student Ministries
- That our teens would seek to abide in Jesus so that they may bear fruit that honors Him.
- For wisdom and direction for our seniors as they are sending out college applications and making decisions regarding their future.
- That our students will have the privilege of seeing their friends come to know Jesus as Savior.
- For God to strengthen our adult leadership team.
- Praise God for new volunteers with the Student Ministry.
- For the parents of students as they seek to model for our students a Christ-centered lifestyle.
- For Tony as he seeks to keep a healthy balance between his work schedule and his ministry.
- For God to lead the Student Ministry Director/Pastor search process and strengthen all
aspects of ministry to our teens.
- For the winter retreats overall. (7th-8th grade retreat is January 17-19, 9th-12th grade retreat is February 14-16.)
Pray for Worship & Preaching Ministries
- Please pray that JESUS ONLY is seen and lifted up. Pray the worship team is behind the
cross and that God alone is glorified.
- Praise the Lord for the addition of Paula Sharik (violin)!
- Please pray for the physical strength and health of our team and their families.
- Please pray for Shelley as she retires and is planning to move to Florida in the spring/summer. Praise God for her service to Him and to the Grace Point family on the worship team. Please pray the Lord provides for this loss on the worship team of a vocalist and keyboard player.
- Please pray for a worship intern over the summer weeks while Darrell is away.
Looking forwarding to what God will do among us in 2020!
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Praying with you and for you,