Please join us in PRAISING God for His clear leading in choosing the Lebanon FOCUS, as well as unanimous support from FOCUS Selection team, elders and staff. As we pray, ask God to do something through us that is beyond us!
Below are prayers for the next 21 days, as we pray for Grace Point’s new missions FOCUS Lebanon and Syria. To learn more about our FOCUS, visit our website.
1. Pray for the formation of the FOCUS Implementation Team that God would bring together the right people and the right gifts. Pray for wisdom, humility and discernment.
2. Pray that the FOCUS Implementation Team would be spiritually prepared for the work ahead of them. Pray that they will have unity and be spiritually discerning, trusting in God’s plan and not their own.
3. Pray for a growing vision and passion in our congregation to reach people for Christ worldwide. Pray for a deepening of our commitment to missions, both individually as corporately.
4. Pray for unity among our congregation we embark on the Lebanon FOCUS. Pray that this will be a church-wide effort, involving everyone in some capacity- whether on trips, through financial support or through prayer. Pray that we can use the gifts of the congregation through a wide variety of potential ministry opportunities.
5. Pray that God is glorified with every aspect of our FOCUS and that our primary goal always remains to glorify Him as we reach others with the gospel and minister to their needs. Pray that we remain committed to evangelism and disciple-making as our priorities in developing potential ministry opportunities.
6. Pray that God fills our hearts with a deep, genuine and sacrificial love for refugees both in Lebanon and at home. Pray that God fills our hearts with compassion for others, particularly those that have been displaced from their homes.
7. Pray that we would view Muslim people the way that God does, as people desperately in need of Jesus, worthy of His love and worthy of our love.
8. Pray for our pastors, elders, staff and other leaders as they help facilitate our FOCUS. Pray for wisdom in leading Grace Point as we embark on our FOCUS.
9. Pray for victory over the spiritual warfare that we will face as we seek to bring the light of the gospel to darkness. Pray that we would all wear the full Armor of God against the enemy’s schemes. (Ephesians 6:11-18)
10. Pray that God uses the FOCUS endeavor to change our hearts and to grow to become more Christ-like. Pray that we can learn through the example of those facing such tremendous hardships yet find their true joy in Christ rather than their circumstances.
11. Pray that the FOCUS strengthens GP families’ interest and commitment to missions. Pray that through the FOCUS, we help teach our children to love others the way God does. Pray that we engage the entire family well, including children and teens.
12. Pray that we continue to act in obedience to what God is calling us to do and not be distracted by fear.
13. Pray for peace in the region. Pray for our enemies. Pray for political leaders around the world and the de-escalation of the current conflict. Pray that differing political views do not interfere with our goal of reaching others for Christ.
14. Pray for the believers in Syria, both for physical protection as well as the hardships that they face. Pray for the believers in Syria as they seek to share Christ with non-believers.
15. Pray that God would enlighten the hearts of Muslims who are searching for spiritual truth, that they will come to know and experience Christ.
16. Pray for a hedge of protection around the Syrian pastors who put themselves and their families at great risk yet are courageous enough to continue their work for God’s kingdom.
17. Pray for the Syrian refugees in Beirut as they face many hardships. Pray for them as they face persecution from their families for having converted to Christianity. Pray for all who have recently come to Christ that God would strengthen and encourage them as they face hardships, persecution and family tensions.
18. Pray that we can be an encouragement to those we will minister to, both directly and indirectly. Pray that we are sensitive to cultural differences.
19. Pray for the spiritual development, strength and growth of the potential partner church and ministries in Lebanon. Pray for resolve and steadfastness for the other churches and missionaries that are working faithfully in Lebanon/Syria.
20. Pray for the local church that we will be partnering with, that God will show us how we can best come alongside them in ministry. Pray for humility as we seek to learn from them as well.
21. Pray for Horizons International (our on the ground partner in Lebanon) as well as Ananais House (our on the ground partner in Syria). Pray for Ellen Livingood and Kinship Network in coordinating missions efforts in Lebanon and Syria involving other North American churches.